Your partner spends so much of their time boosting your confidence. Has it ever occurred to you to do the same for their self-esteem? Your love for your partner is best demonstrated through actions — especially if your actions boost their self-esteem.
Here are a few things you can do:
1. Take note of the small things they do for you to make you happy or make things easier for you – When you're in the car, does he open the passenger door for you all the time? When you're eating out, does he pull out your chair? Maybe every morning she asks what you'd want to eat for dinner.
Thank your partner for the little things they do for you, whether through actions or through words. Often, a simple acknowledgment can do wonders for their self-esteem.
2. Always welcome your partner's presence – It won't take up much of your time, even on your busiest day, to pause and welcome your partner's presence. Greet your partner lovingly. They'll feel good about themself when they see they're the most important thing to you in the room even if it's only for a few minutes.
3. Compliment your partner on something they do really well – Does he do a good job of cleaning your car so it looks like new every time you drive it? Is there a recipe that she cooks so well?
Make sure you compliment your partner for doing these gestures of love. It's important that they know you appreciate the things they do for you.
4. Take notice when they truly enjoys a certain activity or a particular task – You can, for instance, say something along the lines of, "I can tell you had fun helping Dave work on his car this afternoon and you were great!" When you give your partner positive comments about the things they do that you notice, it'll really boost their self-esteem.
5. When your partner is struggling with a certain issue, be consistent in your support and confidence in them – For example, if she's trying to lose weight and hasn't been successful, let her know that she's making a good effort and that it'll pay off in the end.
You can suggest the two of you go on 15-minute walks after work right before you have dinner. Your partner will feel loved. It tells her she's got your full support and you're willing to help her reach her goals. When your partner feels that you believe in them, they'll have higher self-esteem.
6. Be aware when your partner makes a change and make sure to give them a compliment – Let's say he decides to get rid of his beard or wear something he doesn't usually wear. You can say something like, "You look even more handsome without the beard, honey!" or "You look really good in that color, you know. You should wear clothes in that color more often."
When you're one half of a relationship, you'll need to always provide emotional support to your other half. If you want to make your relationship even stronger and develop greater respect and love for each other, try the above strategies.
What do you do to make your partner feel good?