Your life may be hectic, but your goal is to remember all the wonderful times with family and friends and doing what you love the most with the people who matter the most to you.
You certainly deserve to have a go at these things and truly enjoy your life!
But how can you have a better life?
Here are simple tips you can use for living well.
1. What makes your heart sing? – You need to have a connection to your feelings, needs, and wants. What are the things that genuinely make you happy?
Regardless of what it is — whether it's listening to a particular kind of music, talking with a friend on the phone for hours, or spending time with your children — it's important that you make room for them.
Do them regularly because they're important things that make your heart happy.
2. Be out in nature whenever possible. – If pressures at work are starting to get to you, seek solace in nature. Nature has that wonderful ability to make you peaceful.
But before you start thinking you have no time to go on a long hike to the mountains, there's no need to go that far or do something as elaborate. Just find a park and take a walk there. Find a bench in a quiet spot and just relax. If there's a lake nearby, walk along it.
3. Engage in daily reflection. – You don't always have to be on the go during your waking hours. You need to stop rushing and give yourself a moment to pause, breath, and quietly reflect.
Spend a few minutes sitting in quiet reflection. How do you feel? How are you spending your time? Are you happy with the direction your life is headed?
This is a good way to gauge your happiness and determine what needs to be done to elevate that feeling.
4. Learn new things. – Want to improve your quality of life? Try learning something new.
You need intellectual stimulation and you can give yourself that when you expose yourself to new information. When you're stimulated intellectually, you're a lot more likely to feel better. It will enhance the way you think, feel, and live.
5. Have genuine human interactions. – Usually when you're at work, you're simply going through the motions of being social. It's quite common to simply exchange, "Hi, how are you doing" and "I'm doing well" and continue on with what you're doing.
Try interacting genuinely for a change. When you're asked how you're doing, go beyond saying you're fine. Elaborate. How is your day going really? Try to be real with the people you meet every day.
6. Whether you're doing a small task or a big task, give it your 100%. – Focus all your attention on that task and finish it. Give it everything you've got. In everything you do, strive to do better.
7. Be "in the now" every day. – Connect with yourself on a daily basis. How do you relate with each member of your family? How do you fulfill the role you're tasked to do at work? Think about what you eat and drink, as well as the things you do, every day. Make sure that each day you're living with a purpose.
8. Allow yourself to do the things you want to do. – Are there activities that you'd like to engage in? Find time to do those. Do you love walking? Do so. Do you want to get fit? Spend time at the gym. Do you want to read a bedtime story to your children? No one's stopping you. Are you feeling creative? Take out your art stuff and start doodling or doing something artsy. What does your heart want? Do something that makes you happy.
9. Be social. – When you decide on the social activities that you want to do, you'll feel so much better. Have fun with your friends. Chat and laugh the hours away.
It isn't healthy to spend all your time working. You need social activities if your goals are living well and having a better life. Social activities provide balance.
10. Help out in your community. – Are there volunteer opportunities where you live? Perhaps there are community programs or local charities.
Get in touch with a couple of these and ask if you can volunteer. You can be a part of something much larger than yourself.
It's extremely satisfying to help others however way you decide to do it. Your life will become more enriched if you share a bit of yourself with others.
There are many things you can do to start living well and have a better life. The great thing is that they don't even require much time or skill or any other expensive tool.
You can devote as much time as you want or have. The important thing is that you focus on having a full life.
Sign up below for The Key newsletter now and pave your path to happiness. Don't waste another moment!
You'll get the Redesign Your Life eBook for free and other great resources first!
We respect your privacy.